The Department of International Cooperation has the following main functions:
1. To organize and guide the bilateral and multilateral cooperation and exchanges among the MFA&IC and international organizations, foreign government agencies and foreign institutions, and carry out international cooperation mechanisms;
2. To assist other departments in promoting major international cooperative projects;
3. To liaise with Somaliland's representatives office economic sections affiliated to the MFA&IC, guide their work, organize analytical studies on world economy, carry out work related to economic diplomacy, assist the Personnel Department of MFA&IC in selecting officials and dispatching them to economic sections;
4. To administer and coordinate international cooperation and foreign affairs and institutions affiliated to the MFA&IC;
5. To work out management procedures, rules and regulations on foreign affairs in the MFA&IC and supervise their implementation;
6. To handle day-to-day foreign affairs and documents between the MFA&IC and foreign parties and unify statement for the foreign parties;
7. To formulate annual plan of ministerial officials' international visits, review and approve international visit plans at DG level or below.
8. To organize international training programs, examine and approve annual international training programs;
9. To examine and approve international visits applications of the MFA&IC staff and institutions affiliated to the MFA&IC, and standardize management of the visits;
10. To undertake foreign affairs tasks assigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and coordinate international cooperation between the MFA&IC and other central government agencies;
11. To guide the foreign affairs service provided by the Protocol Division of Service Center of the MFA&IC;
12. To undertake other tasks assigned by the leadership of the MFA&IC.
Admin & Finance
International Cooperations Director
© 2017 Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Somaliland